This journey is a unique opportunity to travel with other international guests on a limited-edition itinerary operated by A&K Australia.
Journey to the fascinating heart of the Caucasus for a surprising taste of Old World Eastern European charm in Georgia and Armenia. Bridging East and West, these former Soviet republics boast thousands of years of history, jaw-dropping scenery and a rich cultural heritage. In Armenia, one of the first countries to adopt Christianity, view magnificent churches in unexpected locations, and in neighboring Georgia, discover why it lays claim to the world’s oldest wine industry. Enjoy food and wine throughout the region and take in the delightfully unspoiled medieval vibe.
- Wander through the historic heart of Tbilisi’s Old Town
- Prepare lavash (Middle Eastern flatbread) in time-honored fashion in a local home
- Sip wine from earthenware pots in the world’s oldest vineyards in the Kakheti region
- Uncover medieval history at the Haghpat and Sanahin monastic complexes
- Witness a spiritual vocal performance in an ancient monastery
- Float across the high-altitude waters of Lake Sevan on a private boat trip
- Taste Armenia’s noble brandy at a Yerevan distillery
- Meet local artisans and traditional carpet manufacturers in colorful markets and workshops
- Hike up to the 14th-century Gergeti Holy Trinity Church, one of the world’s most