This journey is a unique opportunity to travel with other international guests on a limited-edition itinerary operated by A&K Australia.
Sri Lanka is a world apart, a deeply spiritual place where Buddhist values and a rich
cultural heritage are interwoven with enduring colonial influences. On this
extraordinary journey, go beneath the surface of this beguiling island nation and
uncover its many treasures: a serene and gentle people, fragrant and flavorsome
cuisine, fascinating ruins and diverse terrain, from golden beaches and arid plains
to lush tea plantations and mist-covered mountains.
- Stay in a number of specially selected boutique accommodations
- Sit down to dinner with Oxford-educated Sri Lankan architect, historian and critic, Dr. Shanti Jayewardene
- Admire the floral beauty of Kandy Botanical Gardens accompanied by acclaimed botanist Bandara Palipana
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the Cultural Triangle, and climb the Sigiriya rock fortress
- Seek out elephants and endemic wildlife at Minneriya National Park
- Join the pilgrims for a nightly prayer ritual at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth and enjoy VIP entry to the Inner Shrine
- Learn the secrets of Ceylonese tea in the plantations of Sri Lanka’s famous tea country
- Meander through Galle Fort with a heritage expert on foot