This journey is a unique opportunity to travel with other international guests on a limited-edition itinerary operated by A&K Australia.
This fascinating journey to the heart of the Caucasus offers a surprising taste of Old
World Eastern European charm. Bridging East and West, these former Soviet republics
boast thousands of years of history, jaw-dropping scenery and a rich cultural heritage.
Armenia was one of the first countries to adopt Christianity, and there are magnificent
churches in abundance in the most unexpected locations. Neighboring Georgia lays
claim to the world’s oldest wine industry and, on this journey, rare skin-fermented
wines stored underground in clay jars are uncorked and savored. The food
throughout the region is delicious and hearty and, in many places, there’s a
delightfully unspoiled medieval vibe.
- Wander through the historic heart of Tbilisi’s Old Town
- Prepare lavash (Middle Eastern flatbread) in time-honored fashion in a local home
- Sip wine from earthenware pots in the world’s oldest vineyards in the Kakheti region
- Uncover medieval history at the Haghpat and Sanahin monastic complexes
- Witness a spiritual vocal performance in an ancient monastery
- Float across the high-altitude waters of Lake Sevan on a private boat trip
- Taste Armenia’s noble brandy at a Yerevan distillery
- Meet local artisans and traditional carpet manufacturers in colorful markets and workshops
- Hike up to the 14th-century Gergeti Holy Trinity Church, one of the world’s most