800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! Mongolia: Naadam Festival & the Khan Legacy (2018)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 12 | From: $11,795
Retrace the footsteps of the Khan legacy as you take in the vivid spectacle of a centuries-old festival, explore the far-flung wilds of the Gobi Desert, and follow Kublai Khan's influence to the winding lanes of Beijing.
- Explore the legacies of Genghis and Kublai Khan as you witness a deeply rooted festival, ride a camel through the Gobi Desert, and reveal the Khan heritage in Beijing
- Witness one of the continent's oldest spectacles of skill, strength and daring at the annual Naadam Festival
- Walk a section of the Great Wall and trace Kublai Khan's footsteps through the hutongs of Beijing
- Share perspectives with a Buddhist lama at a monastery
- Ride a camel through the dunes of Moltsog Els
- Explore the badlands of the fossil-rich Flaming Cliffs, a site of groundbreaking paleontological discovery
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Beijing, China
Day 2: Beijing | Atop the Great Wall
Day 3: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia | Introduction to an Empire
Day 4: Ulaanbaatar | Life of Genghis Khan
Day 5: Gobi Desert | Dunes, Canyons & Wide Open Skies
Day 6: Gobi Desert | Valley of the Eagles
Day 7: Gobi Desert | Camel Ride & the Flaming Cliffs
Day 8: Ulaanbaatar | Past Meets Present
Days 9-10: Ulaanbaatar | Naadam Festival
Day 11: Beijing, China | Yuan Legacy of Kublai Khan
Day 12: Depart Beijing
Marco Polo Journeys 2018
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.