800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Family Japan (2018)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $9,495
Explore Japan's most dynamic cities, experiencing buzzy shopping arcades and markets in Tokyo, a sumo wrestling match near Osaka and traditional Japanese culture in Kyoto.
- Explore diverse, high-energy markets and shopping districts from Tokyo to Kyoto that sell everything from anime toys to exotic foods
- Be part of a powerful musical immersion during a hands-on Taiko drumming lesson
- Learn the ways of Samurai warrior, discovering the noble bushi with a guided visit to the Samurai Museum
- Experience majestic Mount Fuji from exciting perspectives, cruising in its shadow on Lake Ashi, viewing it as you climb by cable car ride to the top of Mt. Komagatake and speeding past it on a bullet train bound for Osaka
- Discover traditional Japanese culture in Kyoto with an origami lesson and the chance to practice kimono wearing
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo, Japan
Day 2: Tokyo | Japanese Pop Culture
Day 3: Tokyo | Taiko Drumming & Harajuku Fashion
Day 4: Hakone | In the Shadow of Mount Fuji
Day 5: Osaka | Riding the Rails by Bullet Train
Day 6: Nara & Osaka | The Art of Sumo Wrestling
Day 7: Kyoto | Traditional Japan Comes to Life
Day 8: Kyoto | Journey to the Golden Pavilion
Day 9: Depart Kyoto
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.