800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! Alaska: Wilderness & Wildlife (2018)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $7,395
Immerse yourself in the epic grandeur of wild Alaska, viewing stunning Denali National Park from a deluxe domed railcar, walking across the face of a glacier and meeting Alaskan sled dogs up close as they prepare to run the Iditarod.
- Explore Alaska by road, rail, helicopter and airplane, from the Arctic Circle in the north to the Kenai Peninsula in the south
- Venture beyond the rarely crossed Arctic Circle for a guided visit to an isolated wilderness community
- Ride a dome railcar through Denali National Park, and take a flightseeing trip to land on a snow-covered glacier
- Stop at the kennels of a four-time Iditarod race winner and visit with his Alaskan huskies
- Cruise in stunning Kenai Fjords National Park, sighting marine life and viewing its glaciers
- Lift off by helicopter to a glacier ice field and traverse it by dog sled, guided by experts
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Fairbanks, Alaska
Day 2: Fairbanks | Exploring Above the Arctic Circle
Day 3: Talkeetna | Train Ride Through Scenic Denali
Day 4: Talkeetna | Walking on a Glacier
Day 5: Girdwood | Iditarod Champion Sled Dog Teams
Day 6: Seward | Fjord Cruise & Scenic Train Ride
Day 7: Girdwood | Helicopter & Glacial Sled-Dog Experience
Day 8: Anchorage | Up Close with Native Species
Day 9: Depart Anchorage
Family Departure | This itinerary is also available as a family adventure, with child pricing and child-friendly programming and activities.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2018
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.