800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Bhutan & Nepal: Heart of the Himalaya (2018)
Limited to 16 guests
Days: 11 | From: $7,395
Discover Bhutan and Nepal, two Himalayan countries little touched by the passage of time, and view stunning "Tiger's Nest" Monastery, stroll through Kathmandu's bazaar and attend a spirited debate between Buddhist nuns.
- Discover the rich artistic and cultural heritage of Bhutan and Nepal on this journey through the heart of the Himalaya
- Feel the spirit of Bhutan on a pilgrimage hike to the revered "Tiger's Nest" Monastery, perched high on a sheer rock face
- Learn about the traditions and age-old methods of local farmers on a visit to a farmhouse
- Enjoy a lesson in Nepalese cuisine during a Chef's Table event in the home of a local resident
- Witness a debate among nuns at the Kopan Nunnery, an unforgettable, age-old tradition
- Ride Like a Local when you travel by rickshaw to visit Kathmandu Durbar Square and Taleju Temple
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Bangkok, Thailand
Day 2: Paro, Bhutan/Thimphu | Welcome to Bhutan
Day 3: Thimphu | Fine Weavers at Work
Day 4: Punakha | The Divine Madman
Day 5: Paro | Monasteries, Rivers & Relics
Day 6: Paro | Ascent to the Tiger’s Nest
Day 7: Kathmandu, Nepal | Historic Durbar Square
Day 8: Kathmandu | Lesson in Nepalese Cuisine
Day 9: Kathmandu | Hindu Temples & Buddhist Stupas
Days 10-11: Depart Bangkok
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Lhasa (4 days from $1,995).
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature Bhutan & Nepal, with A&K local guides.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2018
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.