800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
'Roi Soleil' - Canal du Midi (2018)
Limited to 6 guests
Days: 7 | From: $33,000
Graceful 'Roi Soleil' drifts languidly on the Canal du Midi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that includes the Fonserranes Locks. As one of just six privileged guests aboard this charter-only vessel, you experience the area's rich history and picturesque scenery. Visit Pézenas with its old town center and 16th-century grand Town Houses or the ancient hill town of l'Oppidum d'Ensérune. Stop for wine and olive oil tastings. Explore Narbonne's indoor market and the hamlet of Le Somail. Back on board, retire to the relaxing on-deck spa tub as the world drifts by. At certain times of the year the vessel cruises an equally interesting route that is 60% canal and 40% river in nearby Provence, Carmargue and Languedoc. Unique itineraries can be arranged for chartering groups with special interests, such as family, walking, golf or wine appreciation.
- At 98 feet long and 16.5 feet wide, 'Roi Soleil' is the largest two-story barge on the Canal du Midi. She has air conditioning and central heating.
- Capacity for 6 guests in three queen/twin suites. Each has an en suite bathroom decorated with handmade Provençale tiles. The bathroom offers a thermostatically controlled shower, heated towel racks, a single basin, L'Occitane toiletries, a hair dryer and one robe per person. A nanny can be accommodated in a fourth cabin in the crew quarters.
- Cabins are decorated with the rich hues of stylish Pierre Frey fabrics and have oak flooring. They feature unique "skylight" windows and computer hook-up.
- The combination dining and salon area features oak flooring, fireplace, TV with multi-format DVD player and selection of DVDs, Bose stereo system, and an iPod docking station. Skylights fill the area with natural light.
- The canopied, heated exterior aft deck offers a spa pool and wrap-around seating for al fresco dining. The forward deck features deck chairs and sun mattresses.
- Hybrid bicycles and helmets provided
- All meals and alcoholic beverages included
2019 Travel | 2019 prices available on request. Please contact A&K for details.