800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
The Land of Fire and Ice... and Bears (2020)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: On Request | From: TBA
Join Geoffrey Kent on this 7-day Inspiring Expedition by Private Jet in July 2020, visiting the Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia's Far East.
Visiting: Beijing, China; Kamchatka, Russia; Moscow, Russia
Assemble in Beijing for an incredible send off before flying by private jet to the heart of Kamchatka, one of the world's last wildernesses. Your expedition base is a remote but comfortable lodge with sensational food - some of which you may even catch yourself.
Home to otherworldly geysers, smouldering yet snow-flecked, active volcanoes, and diverse habitats from tundras to grasslands, explore between the Bering Sea and the Sea of Okhotsk.
To complete your expedition, fly by private jet to Moscow and enjoy the finest Russian hospitality.
- Explore the diabolic landscapes of the Valley of the Geysers
- Helicopter tour the mighty Karymsky volcano, and Maly Semyachik, with its breathtaking crater lake
- Explore, and even fish, a stretch of the legendary and completely exclusive Zhupanova River, accessible only to the chosen few
- Observe the densest population of brown bears on the planet face to face accompanied by expert guidance
- Climb three of the region's World Heritage volcanoes: Verblud, Avacha, and Koryaksky
- Explore by boat the rich waters of Avacha Bay to observe seabird colonies, sea lions, seals and that greatest predator, the orca or killer whale