800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
China, Tibet & the Yangtze (2018)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 17 | From: $7,995
Explore remarkable cultures with an intguing tour of China, travelling from Beijing and Chengdu to Lhasa, in the heart of Tibet, where you visit Potala Palace, before cruising through the Three Gorges on the Yangtze River.
- Embark on a three-night cruise on the Yangtze River aboard all-balcony Sanctuary 'Yangzi Explorer'
- Discover Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet's spiritual capital
- Visit the less-crowded and well-preserved Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
- Enjoy a private tour, with an on-site archaeologist, of the Terra Cotta Warriors
- Visit the Panda Research Center, where you learn about China's unofficial national symbol in its natural habitat
- Experience the narrow winding lanes and courtyard residences of a traditional hutong
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Beijing, China
Day 2: Beijing | Imperial Beijing
Day 3: Beijing | Walking the Great Wall
Day 4: Xian | In the Heart of China’s Eternal City
Day 5: Xian | Terra Cotta Warriors, Army for the Afterlife
Day 6: Chengdu | Spicy Sichuan
Day 7: Chengdu | Up Close with Pandas
Day 8: Lhasa | Gateway to Tibet
Day 9: Lhasa | Buddhist Treasures & Monk Debates
Day 10: Lhasa | Footsteps of the Dalai Lama
Day 11: Chongqing | Board ‘Yangzi Explorer’
Day 12: Cruising the Yangtze | Asia’s Great River
Day 13: Cruising the Yangtze | The Three Gorges
Day 14: Yichang to Shanghai | Disembark ‘Yangzi Explorer’
Day 15: Shanghai | Exhilarating Metropolis
Day 16: Shanghai | Thriving Waterfront
Day 17: Depart Shanghai
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2018 Preview
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.