800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Classic Japan (2018)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $9,995
Immerse yourself in Japan's diverse culture, as you stroll a seafood market in Tokyo, stay at a ryokan (traditional inn) in Hakone, savor a foodie tour in Osaka, witness sumo wrestling in Nara, and enjoy entertainment by a geiko (geisha) in Kyoto.
- Experience the singular culture and history of Japan, from fast-paced, neon-lit Tokyo to serene, traditional Kyoto, on a journey that reveals its distinctive appeal
- View the exalted flowering cherry trees or sakura, which bloom every spring
- Ride Like a Local on a bullet train along the classic stretch past majestic Mount Fuji
- Be among the few to stay at Gôra Kadan, one of the country's most exclusive ryokans (traditional inns)
- Capture the spirit of Japan through the art of the tea ceremony
- Savor Kyoto's unique cuisine and traditions during an exclusive kaiseki banquet, with entertainment by a geiko (as a geisha is called in Kyoto) and a maiko (apprentice geisha)
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo, Japan
Day 2: Tokyo | Tsukiji Fish Market & Asakusa Kannon Temple
Day 3: Tokyo | Life of a Samurai
Day 4: Hakone | Traditional Ryokan
Day 5: Osaka | Bullet Train Ride & Medieval Castle
Day 6: Nara | Gardens & Temples
Day 7: Kyoto | The Golden Pavilion & Bamboo Grove
Day 8: Kyoto | Japanese Mingei Folk Art
Day 9: Depart Kyoto
Visit Japan in Cherry Blossom Season | Departures include: Mar 26, Mar 30, Apr 6 and Apr 9.
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Hiroshima, Japan (4 days, from $4,395).
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2018 Preview
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.