800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! Tailor Made India: Mysteries of the South
Days: 13 | From: $5,595
Travel with your private party on this Luxury Tailor Made Journey, departing when you choose and with expert local guides leading the way; you can even customize the itinerary to your interests.Journey into India's verdant southern landscapes, exploring extraordinary temple towns, spice villages and tropical coastal cities, all to discover a more languid and lush side of intoxicating India.
- Visit the coastal town of Mahabalipuram to see its extraordinary seventh-century temples and carvings
- Witness the procession of the Shiva idol during an evening Pooja ceremony at Madurai's colorful Meenakshi Temple
- Embark on an idyllic cruise through the tranquil backwaters of Kerala on a traditional houseboat
- Enjoy a dramatic performance by the Kathakali theater dancers with their lavish costumes and captivating gestures
- Explore religiously and architecturally diverse Kochi, including stops at its synagogue, St. Francis Church and "Dutch Palace"
- Sit down to a traditional southern Indian lunch with a local family at a Kerala spice plantation