800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! Tailor Made Japan: Iconic Cities of the Mainland (2017)
Days: 11 | From: $18,895
Travel with your private party on this Luxury Tailor Made Journey, departing when you choose and with expert local guides leading the way; you can even customize the itinerary to your interests.Experience the best of Japan, exploring vibrant Tokyo and traditional Hakone, where you stay at an exclusive ryokan (traditional inn); encounter the legacies of feudal Japan in Takayama and Kanazawa; and discover the delicate beauty of timeless Kyoto.
- Wander through Ginza, modern Tokyo's famed neon-lit shopping district
- Enjoy a night in one of the country's most exclusive ryokans (traditional inns) in Hakone
- Stroll through Takayama's well-preserved Old Town, filled with beautiful wooden buildings dating from the Edo period and located in the heart of the scenic Japanese Alps
- Immerse yourself in the history and lifestyles of the legendary samurai warriors, with a visit to the Nagamachi Samurai District in Kanazawa
- Marvel at Kyoto's Kinkaku-ji Temple, called the Golden Pavilion, completely covered in gold leaf
- Ride Like a Local on Japan's famed bullet train
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo, Japan
Day 2: Tokyo | The Shrine of Meiji-Jingu
Day 3: Tokyo | Wonderful Nikko National Park
Day 4: Tokyo / Hakone | Stay at a Traditional Ryokan
Day 5: Hakone / Nagoya / Takayama | Bullet Train Ride & Old Town
Day 6: Takayama / Shirakawago / Kanazawa | Morning Markets Visit
Day 7: Kanazawa | Life of the Samurai
Day 8: Kanazawa / Kyoto | City of Cultural Treasures
Day 9: Kyoto / Nara / Kyoto | Japan’s Spiritual Heritage
Day 10: Kyoto | The Golden Pavilion & Bamboo Grove
Day 11: Depart Osaka
Asia, India & the Pacific | Luxury Tailor Made Journeys
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.