800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! Ethiopia: Historic Route & Simien Mountains (2017-18)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 11 | From: $6,995
Reveal the secrets of this enchanting country as you discover the source of the Blue Nile, examine the groundbreaking Lucy skeleton, spot the Simien Mountains' distinctive ghelada baboons and explore extraordinary rock-hewn churches such as Bet Giyorgis (the Church of St. George).
- Discover the stunning jewels of Ethiopia, revealing the threads of ancient culture, religion, architecture and natural beauty that make this diverse nation's tapestry so rich
- Observe the actual 3.2-million-year-old Lucy skeleton, a major anthropological find that solidified Ethiopia as the cradle of civilization
- Trace the glory of past empires among the ruins of palaces and monuments in Axum
- Explore the vivid frescoes of Lalibela's rock-hewn churches
- Set out on a drive through Simien Mountains National Park in search of exotic wildlife
- Roam the medieval castles and churches of Gondar, revealing the secrets of Africa's Camelot
- Cruise Lake Tana, source of the Blue Nile, and hike out to see the breathtaking Blue Nile Falls
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Day 2: Addis Ababa | A Rich History of Diversity
Day 3: Axum | Echoes of a Glorious Empire
Day 4: Lalibela | Ethiopia’s New Jerusalem
Day 5: Lalibela | Hewn by the Angels
Day 6: Simien Mountains | Wild Retreat in the Heavens
Day 7: Simien Mountains | Safari in the Clouds
Day 8: Gondar | Camelot of Africa
Day 9: Bahir Dar | Lake Tana Cruise
Day 10: Bahir Dar | Majesty of the Falls
Day 11: Depart Addis Ababa
2018 Dates Available | Reserve your 2018 preferred date now with a fully refundable deposit. You will have seven days after the final 2018 itinerary and pricing is published to confirm your reservation. Itinerary is subject to change.
Marco Polo Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.