800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands (2017-18)
Limited to 199 guests
Days: 17 | From: $17,995 (was $20,995)
Set sail with A&K's award-winning Expedition Team on all-balcony 'Le Lyrial,' embarking on a panoramic voyage that includes wildlife-rich South Georgia, the unspoiled Falklands and the wild shores of Antarctica.
- Cruise for 15 nights aboard the new luxury all-balcony expedition ship 'Le Lyrial' on an exclusive A&K charter
- Gain a deep understanding of the region with enriching lectures by award-winning experts, including scientists, historians and those awarded the coveted Polar Medal
- Learn about the fascinating life of one of Antarctica's greatest explorers, Ernest Shackleton, when you visit his gravesite in Grytviken
- Visit an active research station and observe preservation efforts to protect Antarctica's one-of-a-kind habitat
- Set off for exciting shore excursions in swift Zodiacs (sturdy inflatable boats), where closer views of the land and wildlife reveal the remarkable biodiversity of the Southern Ocean
- Experience the benefits of all-inclusive cruising with onboard gratuities, unlimited house drinks and all port charges included on 'Le Lyrial'
- Stay at the luxurious Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt on beautiful Alvear Avenue in Buenos Aires
- Enjoy convenient A&K charter flights to and from Ushuaia
- Choose from two special A&K departures: Family Holiday (December 12) with children's programming, spirited celebrations and unforgettable landings; and a dedicated Photography Expedition (January 16), led by A&K's professional photography coaches, and designed for all levels of skill and equipment preferences
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Buenos Aires, Argentina
Day 2: Ushuaia | At the Edge of the World
Day 3: At Sea | Riches of the Southern Ocean
Day 4: Port Stanley, Falkland Islands | Remote Archipelago
Days 5-6: Cruising the South Atlantic | Abundant Wildlife
Days 7-9: South Georgia | Footsteps of Ernest Shackleton
Days 10-11: Cruising the Scotia Sea | Antarctic Anticipation
Days 12-14: Antarctica | The White Continent
Days 15-16: Cruising the Drake Passage | Epic Passage
Day 17: Depart Ushuaia
Dec 12-28, 2017 departure | Special Family Holiday departure featuring an A&K Young Explorers Guide, with special pricing available for children 7-18. Contact A&K for details.
Jan 16- Feb 1, 2018 departure | An A&K Photographic Expedition with A&K's Resident Photo Coach. Contact A&K for details.