800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
China's Imperial Cities (2017)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 15 | From: $8,395
Witness the art of kung fu where it originated, the Shaolin Temple; see the Terra Cotta Warriors alongside an on-site archaeologist; and take a leisurely bamboo raft ride down the Li River on a fascinating journey through China.
- Visit many of China's most notable cities on one comprehensive journey, from bustling, futuristic Shanghai to tranquil Guilin, ending in Hong Kong
- Witness a live, private demonstration of the ancient martial art of kung fu in the place it originated, legendary Shaolin Temple
- Ride Like a Local on a high-speed train through the countryside to Xian, where you discover the Terra Cotta Warriors alongside an on-site archaeologist
- Embark on a leisurely bamboo raft ride on the Li River
- Navigate the floating villages of the Tanka community in Hong Kong by sampan
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Shanghai, China
Day 2: Shanghai | Ancient Traditions & Modern Art
Day 3: Shanghai | Walk Along the Bund
Day 4: Beijing | Discover the Great Wall
Day 5: Beijing | Tai Chi & Tiananmen Square
Days 6-7: Luoyang | The Birthplace of Kung Fu
Day 8: Luoyang/Xian | Buddhism Explored
Day 9: Xian | Magnificent Terra Cotta Warriors
Day 10: Chengdu | Cherished Giant Pandas
Day 11: Guilin | Picturesque Landscape
Day 12: Guilin | The Li River by Bamboo Raft
Days 13-14: Hong Kong | Victoria Peak & Floating Villages
Day 15: Depart Hong Kong
Marco Polo Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.