800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Mongolia: Naadam Festival & the Gobi Desert (2017)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 12 | From: $7,895
Venture into the far-flung wilds of Mongolia as you uncover hauntingly beautiful landscapes, the vivid spectacle of a centuries-old festival and an enduringly rural way of life rarely glimpsed by Western eyes.
- Journey through landscapes of rugged beauty, witnessing a deeply rooted local festival, meeting with a Buddhist lama, and riding a camel in the Gobi along the way
- Witness one of the world's oldest spectacles of skill, strength and daring at the annual Naadam Festival
- Share perspectives with a Buddhist lama at Ulaanbaatar's Gandan Khiid Monastery
- Discover Khustain Nuruu National Park, haven for the last truly wild horse species on earth
- Ride a Bactrian (two-humped) camel through the vast dunes of Moltsog Els
- Explore the shifting sands of the fossil-rich Flaming Cliffs, a site of groundbreaking paleontological discovery
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar | Mongolia’s Capital
Day 3: Ulaanbaatar | Life of Genghis Khan
Day 4: Naadam Festival | The Three Games of Men
Day 5: Kharakhorum | 13th-Century Capital
Day 6: Kharakhorum | Museum & Monastery Visits
Day 7: Khustain Nuruu National Park | Wild Horse Haven
Day 8: Gobi | Dunes, Canyons & Verdant Oases
Day 9: Yol Valley National Park | Valley of the Eagles
Day 10: Moltsog Els Sand Dunes | The Flaming Cliffs
Day 11: Ulaanbaatar | Past Meets Present
Day 12: Depart Ulaanbaatar
Marco Polo Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.