800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Signature Peru & Machu Picchu (2017)
Days: 9 | From: $6,795
Travel independently through the Sacred Valley to explore the mysterious ruins of Machu Picchu, discovering the last remnants of the Andean and Incan cultures of Peru, and behold the immense stone marvel of Sacsayhuaman.
- Travel by Vistadome train and stay at the only hotel on site at Machu Picchu, enjoying extra time to explore this spectacular "Lost City"
- Feed llamas, alpacas and vicuñas, and learn about shearing and weaving techniques at a breeding center for camelids
- Mingle with the farmers and children of the Sacred Valley of the Incas during a visit to a remote village
- Visit historic sites in colorful Cusco during your stay at a luxurious hotel that was once a 16th-century monastery
- Explore the Larco Herrera Museum and enjoy the bohemian Barranco neighborhood, as well as time at leisure, in Lima
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Lima, Peru
Day 2: Lima | Museums and Artifacts
Day 3: Cusco/Sacred Valley | Local Customs and Camelids
Day 4: Sacred Valley | Ancient Weaving Techniques
Day 5: Machu Picchu | Exploring the Lost City
Day 6: Machu Picchu/Cusco | Marvelous Mountain Vistas
Day 7: Cusco | Sacsayhuaman’s Massive Walls
Day 8: Cusco/Lima | Colorful, Bohemian Barranco
Day 9: Depart Lima
Custom Dates | Name the date, and subject to availability, we'll confirm it at the same price as the published departures that month.