800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Turkey: A Journey Through History
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 11 | From: $7,695
Savor a land rich in historical detail, as you privately tour Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia, explore historic Ephesus and view the "fairy chimneys" in Cappadocia, where you sit down to tea with a local family.
- Discover the rich and diverse historical landscape of Turkey, exploring exotic Istanbul as well as archaeological wonders that date from ancient Greece to the Ottoman Empire
- Explore Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace in the serenity of private visits arranged exclusively for your group by A&K
- Visit the ruins of the Temple of Artemis in historic Ephesus
- Privately cruise the Bosphorus, serenely passing palaces, mansions and gardens along the shore
- Experience the Cappadocian culture firsthand when you join a local family for tea in their home
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Istanbul, Turkey
Day 2: Istanbul | Hagia Sophia & Topkapi Palace, in Private
Day 3: Istanbul/Bodrum | Ancient Arts & Artifacts
Day 4: Bodrum | Shipwrecks & Their Bounty
Day 5: Euromos/Izmir | Temples of Zeus, Apollo & Athena
Day 6: Ephesus | Historic Archaeological Dig
Day 7: Kayseri | Fairy Chimneys & Frescoes
Day 8: Cappadocia | The Ancient Art of Weaving
Day 9: Istanbul | Tea with a Local Family in Their Home
Day 10: Istanbul | Ottoman Architecture & the Grand Bazaar
Day 11: Depart Istanbul
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a pre-tour extension to Dardanelles & Troy (3 days, from $1,495).
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature Turkey, with A&K local guides.