800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Bhutan & Nepal: Heart of the Himalaya
Limited to 16 guests
Days: 11 | From: $7,295
Discover Bhutan and Nepal, two Himalayan countries little touched by the passage of time, and view stunning Tiger's Nest Monastery, stroll through Kathmandu's bazaar and attend a spirited debate between Buddhist nuns.
- Discover the rich artistic and cultural heritage of Bhutan and Nepal on this journey through the heart of the Himalaya
- Feel the spirit of Bhutan on a pilgrimage hike to the revered Tiger's Nest Monastery, perched high on a sheer rock face
- Learn about the traditions and age-old methods of local farmers on a visit to a farmhouse
- Enjoy a lesson in Nepalese cuisine during a Chef's Table event in the home of a local resident
- Witness a debate among nuns at the Kopan Nunnery, an unforgettable, age-old tradition
- Ride Like a Local when you travel by rickshaw to visit Kathmandu Durbar Square and Teleju Temple
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Bangkok, Thailand
Day 2: Paro, Bhutan/Thimphu | Welcome to Bhutan
Day 3: Thimphu | Fine Weavers at Work
Day 4: Punakha | The Divine Madman
Day 5: Paro | Monasteries, Rivers & Relics
Day 6: Paro | Ascent to the Tiger’s Nest
Day 7: Kathmandu, Nepal | Historic Durbar Square
Day 8: Kathmandu | Lesson in Nepalese Cuisine
Day 9: Kathmandu | Hindu Temples & Buddhist Stupas
Days 10-11: Depart Bangkok
Nepal Information | A&K's local experts have visited Nepal since the 2015 earthquake to personally assess the services and sites. We are confident you will have an outstanding experience on this journey.
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Lhasa (4 days, from $1,895).
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.