800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! India: the Taj Mahal and a Ganges River Cruise (2017)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 14 | From: $8,995
Witness the sun rise and set over the Taj Mahal, and experience Kolkata and Delhi. Then, embark on a seven-night Ganges River cruise through untouched West Bengal, observing rural life firsthand in this less-travelled region.
- Embark on a seven-night cruise on the Ganges River aboard all-balcony 'Ganges Voyager I' or 'Ganges Voyager II,' the finest cruise vessels sailing the river
- Venture into the heartland of rural India to visit villages and temples that can only be reached by boat
- Explore the timeless magnificence of the Taj Mahal at sunrise and sunset
- Discover India's harmonious religious diversity, visiting the sacred places of many faiths along the Ganges
- Ride Like a Local aboard river skiffs, street buggies, trishaws and a horse-drawn cart
- Visit the home of Mother Teresa to learn about the Missionary of Charity's work in Kolkata
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Delhi, India
Day 2: Delhi | City of Lost Empires
Days 3-4: Agra | An Enduring Testament to Eternal Love
Day 5: Kolkata | Colonial Capital
Day 6: Kolkata | Board ‘Ganges Voyager I’ or ‘Ganges Voyager II’
Day 7: Cruising the Ganges | The Heritage of British India
Day 8: Cruising the Ganges | Kingdom of Temples
Day 9: Cruising the Ganges | Matiari and Plassey
Day 10: Cruising the Ganges | Kushbagh to Murshidabad
Day 11: Cruising the Ganges | Mayapur & Krishna Pilgrimage
Day 12: Cruising the Ganges | Colonial Chandernagore
Days 13-14: Depart Delhi
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.