800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! Family Japan (2017)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $9,795
Immerse your family in the diverse charms of Japan, from the youth-driven culture of Tokyo to the traditional hospitality of Gôra Kadan, introducing the kids to kimonos and origami, and sharing a ride on a bullet train.
- Experience the contrast of fast-paced, neon-lit Tokyo and Osaka with the serene and culture-rich surroundings of ancient Kyoto
- Ride Like a Local on a bullet train along the classic stretch past majestic Mount Fuji
- Led by an A&K Young Explorers Guide, young guests study Japanese culture through a hands-on lesson in origami
- Be among the few to stay at Gôra Kadan, one of the country's most exclusive ryokans (traditional inns)
- Enjoy a musical immersion in ancient Japanese culture when you participate in a Taiko drumming lesson
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo, Japan
Day 2: Tokyo | Youth Culture
Day 3: Tokyo | Taiko Drumming & Harajuku Fashion
Day 4: Hakone | Boat Cruise with Views of Mount Fuji
Day 5: Osaka | Ride a Bullet Train
Day 6: Osaka | Nara Park & Dotonbori
Day 7: Kyoto | Kimono-Wearing Kids
Day 8: Kyoto | Bamboo Forest & Golden Pavilion
Day 9: Depart Kyoto
Child Pricing | Children under 12 sharing with an adult save $800.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.