800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Family China & the Yangtze
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 12 | From: $5,995
Walk on the Great Wall and ride back down on a toboggan; visit pandas up close in their natural environment; Ride Like a Local in a pedicab in Beijing; and enjoy a lesson in Mandarin during your Yangtze River cruise.
- Embark on a three-night cruise upon the Yangtze River aboard all-balcony Sanctuary 'Yangzi Explorer'
- Cruise with an A&K Young Explorers Guide who leads young guests in fun, age-appropriate learning activities, such as Mandarin lessons, crafts and games
- Walk atop the less-visited Mutianyu section of the Great Wall - if you like, hop on a toboggan and ride back down
- Visit giant pandas roaming freely in their natural habitat
- Enjoy a dumpling-making demonstration for a unique Chef's Table experience
- Stop at a pottery factory where you make your own miniature terra cotta soldier on a fun artisan visit
- Ride Like a Local in a pedicab in Beijing through a hutong
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Beijing, China
Day 2: Beijing | The Great Wall & Famed Olympic Venues
Day 3: Beijing | Tai Chi and Kung Fu
Day 4: Beijing/Xian | Dumpling Demonstration
Day 5: Xian/Chengdu | Terra Cotta Warriors
Day 6: Chengdu | A Visit with Giant Pandas
Day 7: Chongqing | High-Speed Train & River Cruiser
Days 8-9: Cruising the Yangtze | Mandarin & Calligraphy
Day 10: Yichang/Shanghai | Stunning Three Gorges Dam
Day 11: Shanghai | The Blend of Old & New
Day 12: Depart Shanghai
5 Things That Will Surprise You in China | From Beijing to Shanghai, ancient and modern still collide in five magical places. Read more on A&K's blog
Child Pricing | Children under 12 sharing with an adult save $800.
Family Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.