800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
New! Classic Japan (2017)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $9,795
Experience the many facets of Japanese culture on this immersive journey. Participate in a Shinto ceremony, observe the ancient art of the tea ceremony and enjoy entertainment by a geiko (geisha) as well as a meiko (apprentice geisha).
- Experience the juxtaposition of fast-paced, neon-lit Tokyo and Osaka with the serene and culture-rich surroundings of ancient Kyoto
- View the exalted flowering cherry trees or sakura, which bloom every spring
- Ride Like a Local on a bullet train along the classic stretch past majestic Mount Fuji
- Be among the few to stay at Gôra Kadan, one of the country's most exclusive ryokans (traditional inns)
- Participate in a Shinto ceremony in the ancient Toshogu Shrine, and capture the spirit of Japan through the ancient art of the tea ceremony
- Savor Kyoto's distinctive cuisine and traditions during an exclusive kaiseki banquet, with entertainment by a geiko (as a geisha is called in Kyoto) and a maiko (apprentice geisha)
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo, Japan
Day 2: Tokyo | The Shrine of Meiji-Jingu
Day 3: Tokyo | Wonderful Nikko National Park
Day 4: Hakone | Traditional Ryokan
Day 5: Osaka | Bullet Train Ride & Medieval Castle
Day 6: Osaka to Nara | Gardens & Temples
Day 7: Kyoto | The Golden Pavilion & Bamboo Forest
Day 8: Kyoto | Japanese Mingei Folk Art
Day 9: Depart Kyoto
Visit Japan in Cherry Blossom Season | Departures include: Mar 20-28, Mar 27-Apr 4, Mar 31-Apr 8, Apr 4-12, Apr 7-15, Apr 10-18
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Hiroshima (4 days, from $4,495).
Family Departure | This itinerary is also available as a family adventure, with child pricing and child-friendly programming and activities.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.