800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Colombia's Colonial Charm (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 10 | From: $6,395
Delve into Colombian culture, attending fascinating talks about artist Fernando Botero and author Gabriel García Márquez; learning about local coffee beans, rum and chocolates; and taking a Champagne carriage ride through Cartagena.
- Learn about Colombia's famed artist Fernando Botero during a private talk at Bogotá's Botero Museum
- Cheer on a game of tejo, a disc-throwing competition and the national pastime of Colombians
- Experience the nuances of the country's famed coffee bean during a private tour
- Learn about Colombia's most famous author, Gabriel García Márquez, during an exclusive talk
- Set out on a Jeep ride and see the wax palm, Colombia's protected tree
- Sample an array of Colombian rums and quality chocolates, led by an acclaimed sommelier
- Visit a local market with a local chef to gather fresh ingredients, followed by a cooking class
- Sip Champagne on a carriage ride through the walled city of Cartagena
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Bogotá, Colombia | City of Contrasts
Day 2: Bogotá | La Candelaria
Day 3: Bogotá | Salt Mine Wonders
Day 4: Pereira | A Special Breed of Excitement
Day 5: Salento/Cocora National Park | The Wax Palm
Day 6: Pereira | Heart of the Coffee Triangle
Day 7: Cartagena | Walk the Walled City
Day 8: Cartagena | Rum and Chocolate
Day 9: Cartagena | Caribbean Cocktail Cruise and Farewell
Day 10: Depart Cartagena
Marco Polo Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.