800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Sri Lanka: the Complete Island (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 15 | From: $8,395
Experience Sri Lanka's rich culture, architecture and breathtaking landscapes, while taking game drives in Yala National Park and a scenic train ride through Tea Country and discovering Tamil culture in Trincomalee.
- Explore several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Dambulla Cave Temple, Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka's first royal capital
- Stay in some of the island's best boutique hotels, including two nights at Amangalla, featured on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List
- Embark on morning and afternoon game drives in Yala National Park, home to one of the world's largest leopard concentrations
- Savor Ceylon tea with a prominent local family in Kandy, and take a scenic train ride to Sri Lanka's Tea Country
- Dine with a renowned Sri Lankan chef at a Colombo restaurant
- Tour the garden estate of the late Geoffrey Bawa, the "father of Asian architecture"
- Venture to less-visited Trincomalee to experience Tamil culture and see stunning natural harbors
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Colombo, Sri Lanka
Day 2: Thirappane | Cave-Temple Complex
Day 3: Anuradhapura | Sacred City
Day 4: Sigiriya | “Lion’s Rock”
Day 5: Trincomalee | Coastal Beauty
Day 6: Kandy | Heady Spices
Day 7: Kandy | Temple of the Tooth
Day 8: Ella | Landscape by Train
Days 9-10: Yala National Park | Thrilling Game Drives
Day 11: Galle | Historic Fort
Day 12: Galle | Tea Experience
Day 13: Colombo | Discovering Colombo
Day 14: Colombo | Island Architecture
Day 15: Depart Colombo
Marco Polo Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.