800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Turkey: A Journey Through History (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 11 | From: $8,295
From Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace in Istanbul and the volcanic rock "fairy chimneys" of Cappadocia, to a private cruise on the Bosphorus and a visit to the Temple of Artemis, enjoy a journey rich in historical detail.
- Explore Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace in peace, on private visits arranged exclusively for your group by A&K
- Discover the newly renovated Turkish & Islamic Arts Museum located in Istanbul's Sultanahmet Square
- Visit the ruins of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, in historic Ephesus
- Privately cruise the Bosphorus, serenely passing palaces, mansions and gardens along the shore
- Experience the Cappadocian culture firsthand when you join a local family for tea in their home
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Istanbul, Turkey
Day 2: Istanbul | Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, in Private
Day 3: Istanbul/Bodrum | Ancient Arts and Artifacts
Day 4: Bodrum | Shipwrecks and Their Bounty
Day 5: Euromos/Izmir | Temples of Zeus, Apollo and Athena
Day 6: Ephesus | Historic Archaeological Dig
Day 7: Kayseri | Fairy Chimneys and Frescoes
Day 8: Cappadocia | The Ancient Art of Weaving
Day 9: Istanbul | Tea with a Local Family in Their Home
Day 10: Istanbul | Ottoman Architecture and the Grand Bazaar
Day 11: Depart Istanbul
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a pre-tour extension to Dardanelles & Troy (3 days, from $1,495).
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature Turkey, with A&K local guides.