800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Sicily: From the Mountains to the Sea (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 10 | From: $6,995
Set out on a comprehensive journey that spans this storied island and includes a ride up Mount Etna in a cable car, wine tasting in Marsala, ancient archaeological sites and a traditional puppet maker.
- Experience all that Sicily has to offer with a comprehensive journey from one side of the island to the other
- Explore some of Europe's most interesting archaeological sites - many of them UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Ride Like a Local when you take a cable car up Mount Etna to see its fascinating, lunar-like landscape
- Learn the history behind, and the elaborate procedure needed to create, Marsala wine
- Enjoy an afternoon tasting of locally produced olive oil
- Walk Catania's colorful fish market on a lively Market Visit
- Enjoy an Artisan Visit to a traditional Sicilian puppet maker
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Palermo, Sicily
Day 2: Palermo | Mosaics of Times Past
Day 3: Segesta/Erice/Marsala | Wine Tasting
Day 4: Selinunte | Archaeology Beside the Sea
Day 5: Agrigento/Piazza Armerina | Valley of the Temples
Day 6: Ragusa | Val di Noto and Wine Tasting
Day 7: Syracuse/Ortygia | Dionysius’ Ear
Day 8: Catania/Taormina | Traditional Puppetry
Day 9: Mount Etna | Snow-Capped Majesty
Day 10: Depart Catania
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.