800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Peru: Machu Picchu & the Sacred Valley (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $6,595
This fascinating journey through Peru, from Lima to Cusco, takes you to the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, where you stay at the only hotel on site. You also visit massive, mysterious Sacsayhuaman.
- Enjoy a private talk on Machu Picchu with a renowned scholar in Incan history before discovering the magnificent ruins for yourself in the company of a local expert guide
- Relish the convenience of an overnight stay at the only hotel on site at Machu Picchu, and the extra time it affords you to explore this spectacular "Lost City"
- Mingle with the farmers and children of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and gain an intimate understanding of their centuries-old customs during a private visit to their village
- Savor a Chef's Table experience in the preparation of Peruvian cuisine while in the pastoral Sacred Valley
- Discover Peru's rich musical traditions during a captivating private performance by an expert in Andean music
- Celebrate your arrival in Peru with a welcome dinner adjacent to the Huaca Pucllana archaeological site in Lima
- Achieve a deeper appreciation of Peru's fascinating and rich pre-Columbian cultures as you explore the Larco Herrera Museum and the new Inkariy Museum
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Lima, Peru
Day 2: Lima | Colonial Splendor and Inspiring Artifacts
Day 3: Sacred Valley | Cusco and Cooking, Peruvian Style
Day 4: Sacred Valley | Like a Journey Back in Time
Day 5: Machu Picchu | Bingham’s Stunning Discovery
Day 6: Machu Picchu/Cusco | Walking the Spectacular Ruins
Day 7: Cusco | The Immense Stone Marvel of Sacsayhuaman
Day 8: Lima | Colorful, Bohemian Barranco
Day 9: Depart Lima
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a pre-tour extension to the Galápagos & Quito (8 days, priced from $6,995).
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature Peru & Machu Picchu, with A&K local guides.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.