800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Australia & New Zealand: The Lands Down Under (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 18 | From: $13,595
Explore two inspiring destinations in a single journey, starting in New Zealand with Auckland, Queenstown, Mount Cook and Christchurch, followed by Melbourne, Uluru, the Great Barrier Reef and Sydney in Australia.
- Explore the scenic countryside outside Queenstown in four-wheel-drive vehicles and visit a winery for a tasting
- Search for shooting stars in the dark southern night sky near Mount Cook in New Zealand's "Southern Alps"
- Enjoy sparkling wine and canapes as you watch sunset at Uluru in the Australian Outback in your private location.
- Gain insight into Australia's past from an Aboriginal guide during a walkabout around the Rocks District in Sydney
- Tour Sydney's Taronga Zoo to observe koalas, platypuses and other uniquely Australian species
- Experience the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef on a full-day on a sailing vessel
- Enjoy afternoon tea at the Botanical Ark, home to more than 3,000 tropical plants on an A&K-exclusive visit
- Visit a working Aussie sheep farm and learn a little of what life is like for a family "living off the land" at Keeyuga Farm
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Auckland, New Zealand
Day 2: Queenstown | Majestic Mountains and Crystal Waters
Day 3: Queenstown | Gold Panning & Wine Tasting
Day 4: Queenstown | Private Cocktail Reception
Day 5: Mount Cook | Rugged Glacial Splendor
Day 6: Christchurch | Alpine Splendors
Day 7: Christchurch | Beautiful Vistas and Gardens
Day 8: Melbourne, Australia | Welcome to Australia
Day 9: Melbourne | Melbourne Highlights & Aussie Living
Day 10: Uluru | An Undeniable Presence
Day 11: Uluru/Port Douglas | A Spiritual Sojourn
Day 12: Daintree Rainforest | Botanical Ark Visit
Day 13: Great Barrier Reef | Exploring Underwater Gems
Days 14-15: Sydney | The Opera House and the Dreamtime
Day 16: Sydney | City Highlights and Bondi Beach
Days 17-18: Sydney | A Fond Farewell
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Tasmania (4 days, priced from $2,995)
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature Australia & New Zealand, with A&K local guides.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.