800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Classic Japan (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 10 | From: $8,995
Experience the many facets of Japanese culture on this immersive journey. Participate in a Shinto ceremony, receive a lesson in Zen meditation and enjoy entertainment by a geiko (geisha) as well as meiko (apprentice geisha).
- Gain an in-depth perspective on Japanese culture with four-night stays in Tokyo and Kyoto, exploring diverse neighborhoods and bustling markets on foot
- Ride Like a Local at 186 mph on a bullet train along the classic stretch past majestic Mount Fuji
- Participate in a Shinto ceremony in the ancient Toshogu Shrine, and capture the spirit of Japan with lessons in Zen meditation and the ancient art of the tea ceremony
- Savor Kyoto's distinctive cuisine and traditions during an exclusive kaiseki banquet, with entertainment by a geiko and maiko (apprentice geisha)
- View the exalted flowering cherry tree or sakura, which typically blooms in spring
- Be among the few to stay at Gôra Kadan, one of the country's most exclusive ryokans (traditional inns)
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo, Japan
Day 2: Tokyo | The Shrine of Meiji-Jingu
Day 3: Tokyo | Glamorous Ginza
Day 4: Tokyo | Wonderul Nikko National Park
Day 5: Hakone | Traditional Ryokan
Day 6: Kyoto | Bullet Train Ride and a Lesson in Zen
Day 7: Kyoto to Nara | Gardens, Pavilions and Temples
Day 8: Kyoto | Japanese Mingei Folk Art
Day 9: Kyoto | A Glimpse into Geisha Culture
Day 10: Kyoto
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Hiroshima (4 days, priced from $4,295)
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature Japan, with A&K local guides.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.