800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
China, Tibet & the Yangtze (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 17 | From: $8,545 (was $9,795)
Explore remarkable cultures with an intriguing tour of Asia, travelling from China's Beijing and Chengdu to Lhasa, the heart of Tibet and highest city on earth, before embarking on a Yangtze cruise.
- Embark on a three-night cruise upon the Yangtze River in a deluxe cabin aboard boutique, all-balcony Sanctuary 'Yangzi Explorer,' the finest five-star vessel sailing the river
- Discover Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet's spiritual capital
- Stay at some of the region's most luxurious hotels, including Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and The Peninsula Shanghai
- Enjoy a private tour with an on-site archaeologist at the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit
- Visit the less-crowded and well-preserved Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
- Visit the Panda Research Center, where you learn about China's unofficial national symbol in its natural habitat
- Take a private boat in Leshan to see the largest stonecarved Buddha in the world
- Visit an artist's studio in Shanghai's up-and-coming M-50 Contemporary Art District
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Beijing, China
Day 2: Beijing | Walking the Wonder that Is the Great Wall
Day 3: Beijing | The Lives of Emperors and Everyday People
Day 4: Xian | In the Heart of China’s Eternal City
Day 5: Xian | Terra Cotta Warriors, Army for the Afterlife
Day 6: Chengdu | Up Close with Pandas
Day 7: Chengdu | Leshan’s Giant Buddha
Day 8: Lhasa | Gateway to Tibet
Day 9: Lhasa | Buddhist Treasures and Monk Debates
Day 10: Lhasa | Footsteps of the Dalai Lama
Day 11: Chongqing | Board ‘Yangzi Explorer’
Day 12: Cruising the Yangtze | Asia’s Great River
Day 13: The Three Gorges | China’s Ultimate Scenery
Day 14: Yichang to Shanghai | Disembark ‘Yangzi Explorer’
Day 15: Shanghai | Exhilarating Metropolis
Day 16: Shanghai | Thriving Waterfront
Day 17: Depart Shanghai
5 Things That Will Surprise You in China | From Beijing to Shanghai, ancient and modern still collide in five magical places. Read more on A&K's blog
Suite Upgrade Package | Upgrade to suites at all hotels throughout your journey from $2,950.
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature China, Tibet & the Yangtze, with A&K local guides.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.