800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
China & the Yangtze (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 14 | From: $6,545 (was $7,795)
Discover China's past and present - from the bustling capital, Beijing to the myriad faces of the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian. Visit the Buddha at Leshan and explore the storied Yangtze River by luxury river cruiser.
- Embark on a three-night cruise upon the Yangtze River in a deluxe cabin aboard boutique, all-balcony Sanctuary 'Yangzi Explorer,' the finest five-star vessel sailing the river
- Experience the hospitality of the region's great hotels, including Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and The Peninsula Shanghai, both on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List
- View the incredible Terra Cotta Warriors with an on-site archaeologist and then enjoy a private noodle-making demonstration for a Chef's Table experience
- Go off the beaten path to the less-visited and best preserved Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
- Enjoy an up-close-and-personal encounter with giant pandas where they roam free in their natural habitat
- Witness China's future unfolding in Shanghai and make an Artisan Visit to its M-50 Contemporary Art District
- Set off on a walking tour of the Muslim Quarter in Xian
- Ride Like a Local in a pedicab in Beijing through a hutong and experience a high-speed train ride through the Chinese countryside
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Beijing, China
Day 2: Beijing | View the World from the Great Wall
Day 3: Beijing | China’s Dynastic Capital
Day 4: Xian | Key to the Great Silk Road
Day 5: Xian | Terra Cotta Warriors, Army for the Afterlife
Day 6: Chengdu | Treasures of the Han Dynasty
Day 7: Chengdu | Behold the Giant Buddha
Day 8: Chengdu to Chongqing | Pandas and a Bullet Train
Day 9: Cruising the Yangtze | Asia’s Great River
Day 10: The Three Gorges | China’s Ultimate Scenery
Day 11: Yichang to Shanghai | Disembark 'Yangzi Explorer'
Day 12: Shanghai | Pearl of the Orient
Day 13: Shanghai | Life on the Bund
Day 14: Depart Shanghai
5 Things That Will Surprise You in China | From Beijing to Shanghai, ancient and modern still collide in five magical places. Read more on A&K's blog
Suite Upgrade Package | Upgrade to suites at all hotels throughout your journey from $2,125.
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Hong Kong (3 days, from $1,395).
Family Departure | This itinerary is also available as a family adventure, with child pricing and child-friendly programming and activities.
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature China & the Yangtze, with A&K local guides.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.