800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Bhutan & Nepal: Heart of the Himalaya (2016)
Limited to 16 guests
Days: 14 | From: $8,495
Discover Bhutan and Nepal, seeing Tiger's Nest Monastery; embarking on a safari in Chitwan National Park; and taking a rickshaw ride to Durbar Square.
- Experience Bhutan's age-old ways, discovering its rich artistic and cultural heritage
- Feel the spirit of Bhutan on a hike to the spectacular Tiger's Nest Monastery
- Learn about the culture and lifestyle of local farmers by visiting a farmhouse
- Embark on a safari in Nepal's Chitwan National Park for a unique view of wildlife
- Enjoy a lesson in Nepalese cuisine during a Chef's Table event in the home of a local resident
- Witness a debate among nuns at the Kopan Nunnery, an unforgettable, age-old tradition
- Ride Like a Local when you travel by rickshaw to visit Durbar Square and Teleju Temple
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Delhi, India
Day 2: Paro, Bhutan/Thimphu | Welcome to Bhutan
Day 3: Thimphu | Fine Weavers at Work
Day 4: Punakha | The Divine Madman
Day 5: Paro | Monasteries, Rivers and Relics
Day 6: Paro | Ascent to the Tiger’s Nest
Day 7: Kathmandu, Nepal | Historic Durbar Square
Day 8: Kathmandu | Learn Nepalese Cooking in a Local Home
Days 9-10: Chitwan National Park | In Search of Wildlife
Days 11-12: Kathmandu | A Spirited Nuns Debate
Days 13-14: Depart Kathmandu or Delhi
Nepal Information | A&K's local experts have visited Nepal since the 2015 earthquake to personally assess the services and sites. We are confident you will have an outstanding experience on this journey.
Extend Your Journey | Enhance your journey with a post-tour extension to Lhasa (4 days, priced from $1,895)
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.