800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Amazon Adventure: Rainforest & River Cruise (2016)
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $6,395
Sail the Amazon River for six nights aboard a luxurious modern river cruiser, embark on jungle excursions to spot native flora and fauna, meet members of the Bora tribe and savor the famous cuisine of Lima.
- Sail on a six-night Amazon River cruise aboard the modern, luxurious 44-guest 'Amazon Discovery,' viewing wildlife up-close and visiting remote local villages
- Embark on jungle excursions with an expert local guide, spotting tamarins, howler monkeys, sloths, caimans, brilliant birds, predatory piranhas and massive tropical flowers
- Search for pink river dolphins as you explore the small tributaries of the Amazon River Basin and the Pacaya Samiria Reserve, the largest wildlife preserve in Peru
- Meet members of the indigenous Bora tribe, known for adorning their bodies with colorful and symbolic paints
- Visit the protected animal orphans of Monkey Island and Iquitos' Manatee Rescue Center
- Explore Lima, experiencing its world-famous cuisine and local art scene
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Lima, Peru
Day 2: Lima | Cliffside Metropolis
Day 3: Iquitos | Board ‘Amazon Discovery’
Day 4: Cruising the Amazon | Monkey Island & Bora People
Day 5: Cruising the Amazon | In Search of Pink Dolphins
Day 6: Cruising the Amazon | Headwaters of the Amazon
Day 7: Cruising the Amazon | Pacaya Samiria Reserve
Day 8: Cruising the Amazon | Santa Ana Village
Day 9: Depart Lima
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2016
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.