From Thailand to Laos on the Mekong
Marco Polo Club Invitationals: Exclusive trips, accompanied by A&K's most accomplished guides
- Marco Polo Club InvitationalsSeries:
- $7,495 Priced From:
- 11 Days:
- 1 Departures:
- 24Max Group Size:
This is a Marco Polo Club Invitational Journey. Experience the untamed natural beauty in the landscapes and the man-made beauty of Buddhist temples and shrines on this journey that takes you through Northern Thailand and Laos. Marvel at magnificent temples, masterful expressions of craftsmanship and devotion, and glimpse life along the Mekong River on an exclusive private cruise chartered just for Marco Polo guests.
- With Fast Track assistance in Bangkok, immigration procedures are a breeze
- Spend a day as a mahout (elephant trainer) in Chiang Mai, learning about the habits and characteristics of pachyderms
- Visit with hill tribe people, including the Karen long-necked tribe, to learn about their lifestyle
- Cruise for seven nights on an exclusive charter departure of the 'Mekong Sun'
- Board a long-tail boat for a trip up the Nam Tha River to a remote Khmu village, where a village elder invites you into his home
- Witness the traditional giving of alms in the streets of Luang Prabang