Kathmandu Earthquake Update
Our hearts go out to the people of Nepal. All A&K guests and staff in Nepal, Tibet, India and Bhutan are confirmed safe and unharmed. If you have questions about future travel, please contact us during regular business hours.
800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
The Nile on Board Sanctuary 'Sun Boat III'
Luxury Along the Nile
Award-winning Nile cruiser Sanctuary ‘Sun Boat III’ graces the river with elegance and style. Its comfortable public spaces, inviting cabins and memorable cuisine grant her 36 guests a one-of-a-kind experience.
‘Sun Boat III’ is designed with authenticity in mind. Egyptian designer Shahira Fahmy adopted a British colonial theme through a blend of European, Egyptian and Bedouin influences. The Sahara Lounge suggests an Egyptian royal hunting tent, while the cozy H. Carter Lounge is the ideal place to relax after a long day of sightseeing. Perhaps the ship’s most stunning feature is Cleopatra’s Oasis, where guests go to take a dip in the pool and watch the lush landscape roll by.
Because Sanctuary ‘Sun Boat III’ has a shorter draft than other Nile cruisers, she can sail off the beaten path to Denderah and Abydos nearly year-round, unlike other vessels, which cannot sail north of Luxor when water levels drop between November and February.
Throughout your cruise, enjoy impeccable on-board service, top-notch amenities and lively on-board lectures. Combined with shore visits led by Egypt’s finest guides, it is hardly surprising that Architectural Digest dubbed ‘Sun Boat III’ the “Jewel of the Nile.”
- 14 luxury cabins, 2 Presidential Suites and 2 Royal Suites with balcony
- Services of an expert A&K Egyptologist on all shore excursions
- Fully air-conditioned with cabin control
- All cabins have a Nile view
- Elegant restaurant offering gourmet menus and a lavish lunch buffet
- Cleopatra’s Oasis, a luxurious on-deck swimming pool
- Stylish lower Sun Deck with lounge and bar
- Smoking and cell phone use restricted for your comfort
- Doctor present on board throughout cruise
- Wireless Internet access available
Experience Sanctuary 'Sun Boat III' on Egypt & the Nile
Luxury Small Group Journeys
10 Days | From $4,995 (was $7,495)
Follow the timeline of Ancient Egypt on a journey that takes you from Cairo and the pyramids to a luxury cruise on the Nile to Luxor, remote Denderah, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Aswan and commanding Abu Simbel.