Introducing All-Balcony Sanctuary 'Ananda'
- 21 spacious suites, each with its own private balcony
- One 721 sq. ft. Aloungpayah Owner’s Suite
- Panoramic lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows for easy viewing
- Air-conditioning, TV and tablet connection in all suites
From $5,295 | Limited to 18 guests
Journey to untouched Myanmar to experience tranquil Inle Lake, cruise the Irrawaddy River on new Sanctuary ‘Ananda’ and enjoy a hot air balloon ride over Bagan and its countless pagodas and temples.
View the complete itinerary
Named for the beautiful Ananda Temple in Bagan, newly launched Sanctuary ‘Ananda’ transports you into a world of luxury and comfort with all the modern hotel-style amenities. Her warm and dedicated staff welcomes you aboard to experience the beauty of life “on the road to Mandalay” – Myanmar’s timeless Irrawaddy River.
Highlights of Sanctuary ‘Ananda’ include:
- 21 beautiful, spacious cabins, each with a private balcony, making ‘Ananda’ the only all-balcony ship on the Irrawaddy
- Sun deck, plunge pool, Thambyadine spa and gym
- Authentic Burmese and international dishes developed by prize-winning chef Michelle Benstein
- Complimentary early morning meditation and yoga, and evening lectures on local customs, culture and history
- Comfortable beds with luxurious Malaika Egyptian cotton sheets
- Air-conditioning, TV and a tablet in all cabins; Wi-Fi connection in all cabins and public areas
The Utmost in Comfort and Elegance on the River
To cruise on the Irrawaddy River, through the splendors of Myanmar, is to journey back through time to a world of enchantment. Step aboard Sanctuary ‘Ananda’ to take this unforgettable voyage in incomparable luxury.
Each ample cabin (291 to 356 square feet) features comfortable beds with luxurious Malaika Egyptian cotton sheets. The décor is an elegant and contemporary fusion of traditional Burmese handicrafts, local fabrics, teak wood and lacquerware. Each cabin is named for a historic Irrawaddy Flotilla ship and adorned with a vintage photograph of its namesake vessel. You may also upgrade to the ship’s one 721-square-foot Aloungpayah Owner’s Cabin, lavishly outfitted for your comfort.
Custom Built for Cruising the Irrawaddy
Constructed with great skill by local shipbuilders using age-old knowledge and traditional materials, Sanctuary ‘Ananda’ transports you into a world of luxury and comfort with all the modern amenities of a fine hotel. Enjoy air-conditioned relaxation in your cabin and panoramic views of the temples, pagodas and palaces passing by along the Irrawaddy’s lush shorelines.
Flavorful, Prize-Winning Cuisine
Winner of the James Beard Best Chef Award, Michelle Bernstein brings her renowned culinary expertise to dining on board Sanctuary ‘Ananda.’ Michelle has created a Burma-inspired menu especially for ‘Ananda’ guests, blending local ingredients into dishes that are unfussy yet packed with flavor.
A Holistic Travel Experience
Aboard Sanctuary ‘Ananda,’ the needs of the mind and spirit are attended to, with complimentary early morning meditation and yoga, and evening lectures on local customs, culture and history. On a journey that reveals this traditional and mystical country at its most authentic, your ship and crew are devoted to your complete enjoyment.