Amenities on Board
Without even leaving 'Yangzi Explorer,' you can experience Chinese culture for yourself with hands-on activities such as:
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Learn the basic techniques of this Chinese fine art alongside an accomplished teacher.
- Cultural Shows
- Witness traditional folk dancing and songs from all regions of China.
- Tai Chi
- Start your days off right with morning Tai Chi lessons on the deck of the ship, as the magnificent scenery passes by.
- Tea Appreciation
- Learn how to prepare different types of Chinese tea using a traditional tea set, and discover the unique flavors and health benefits of each variety.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Gain insight into different alternative medicines and experience hands-on demonstrations of practices such as acupuncture and moxibustion.
Sanctuary 'Yangzi Explorer' boasts the finest amenities on the river. Combine the best vessel on the Yangzi River today with A&K’s carefully crafted itineraries and insider-access experience for the most memorable China journey.
Comfort and Convenience
In the spacious public areas, 'Yangzi Explorer' includes all the amenities you would expect at a deluxe hotel, including a stateof-the-art fitness center, business center, laundry service and a spa and beauty salon. To further ensure your comfort on board, smoking is not permitted in internal areas and mobile phone use is confined to private areas. Adeptly and discreetly making sure your every need is taken care of is a highly trained international, English-speaking staff. And with a staff-to-guest ratio of better than 1:1, you can expect the most attentive service of any Yangzi River cruiser during your river sojourn.
Meals on board 'Yangzi Explorer' are a feast for the senses. On an A&K journey, you enjoy friendly, personalized service in a spacious, well-appointed dining room reserved solely for A&K guests. A dedicated team of internationally trained chefs concoct meals from fresh ingredients (many purchased that day at local riverside towns and markets you visit), and perfectly pair each dish with complimentary house wines from the vessel's wellstocked wine cellar. Other refreshments are also included at all meals throughout the journey.
Every meal is a three-course affair that blends Chinese and continental cuisine. The kitchen is happy to accommodate particular dietary requirements, or create a special dinner for your party in one of the private rooms.
'Yangzi Explorer' cruises downstream from Chongqing to Yichang (3 nights) and upstream from Yichang to Chongqing (4 nights), with shore excursions while travelling in either direction at local villages (including markets and home visits), the lovely Shennong Stream and the colossal Three Gorges Dam Project.