Arctic Cruise Ship - 'Le Boreal'
Save up to $3,000 per Cabin on a 2014 Arctic Cruise
Reserve a Category 1-3 cabin by September 30, 2013, and save up to $1,500 per person.
- Learn more
- Ship’s Data
- Overall length: 466 feet
- Beam: 59 feet
- Draft: 15.3 feet
- Average speed: 16 knots
- Ice class: 1C
- Passenger decks: 6
- Passenger capacity: Limited to 199 on Arctic cruises
- Crew: 136
- Gross tonnage: 10.700 GRT
- Electric Motors: 2 x 2.3 MW
- Standards: U SPHS – U.S. Coast Guard's Rules Comfort Class 1 – “Clean” Ship Certification
- Flag: French
Information & Amenities
- Onboard language: English
- All outside staterooms and suites with private balcony
- Sun deck and multiple outer deck observation areas
- Outside heated pool
- Library with extensive selection of books and reading areas
- Two restaurants offering exquisite dining experiences
- Panoramic lounge and terrace
- Three bars and a boutique
- Three passenger elevators
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Hairdresser offering full-service hair styling, manicures and pedicures
- Spa and hammam (steam room)
- 24-hour on-board medical facilities with certified doctor
- 24-hour room service and laundry services
- The Club lounge for live music and dancing
- Open bar (excluding premium wines, premium liquors and champagne)
- The Theater with unobstructed seating for more than 200 guests
- Wireless Internet access throughout the ship
- Electricity: 110/220 volts
- All gratuities on-board are included
- Dynamic positioning system
- “Clean” ship standard (meets or exceeds all IMO, EPA and IATO operating standards)
Cruise to the Arctic with confidence and style aboard the all-balcony ‘Le Boreal’
An A&K journey to the Arctic offers an opportunity to experience the very best of the polar region with the finest expedition staff and most comprehensive itineraries, all from on board the comfortable, safe and sophisticated ‘Le Boreal.’ Featuring all-balcony staterooms and suites, this remarkable expedition vessel offers an ideal way to experience the Arctic with A&K.
Strength and Style
Sophisticated design, innovative marine technology and a convenient layout aided by three passenger elevators are among ‘Le Boreal’ many features. She offers a single-seating dining room, al fresco dining area, an outdoor heated pool and a theater, as well as a spacious gathering area and library. A full-service salon, steam room, spa and fitness center complete the amenities.
On other cruises to different destinations, she carries more than 264 passengers; on voyages with A&K, we limit her capacity to just 199 guests. Fewer passengers in turn allows for more shore excursions each day and cabins with private balconies for every guest.
Safety is first and foremost on board sturdy ‘Le Boreal.’ The ship features the latest communication, navigational and safety equipment. In addition, A&K’s English-speaking staff is readily available to assist and instruct on safety at all times during your cruise.
Environmentally Sound Operations
In keeping with A&K’s longstanding commitment to environmental conservation, ‘Le Boreal’ is equipped with the most eco-friendly technology available today.
Rest and Relaxation Redefined
End each day of discovery – and recharge for the next day’s adventures – in your very own balcony stateroom or suite, an A&K exclusive on board ‘Le Boreal.’ Among the most comfortable available on any polar expedition ship, all 108 cabins are fully equipped and feature bedding configurations that range from king-size beds to two single beds. Premium and Deluxe Two-Room Suites feature a pull out sofa that converts to a king-size bed, and the option to convert into a two-room cabin – perfect for families.
Cabin amenities include a mini bar, safe, flat-screen in-suite TV with movies on demand and on-board channels, iPod docking station, individually controlled heat/air conditioning, wireless Internet access and telephone. Bathrooms come equipped with a shower (or shower/bath), hair dryer, designer amenities and bathrobes. Laundry services and 24-hour room service are available throughout your cruise. ‘Le Boreal’ is also outfitted with a technologically advanced stabilizing system to minimize the effects of rough conditions and help keep passengers comfortable at all times.
Space to Meet and Mingle
Spacious and elegant, ‘Le Boreal’s common areas invite casual conversation with fellow passengers as well as private reflection and views in quiet corners. The Panoramic Lounge and Terrace offer spacious areas ideal for social gatherings, afternoon tea or just relaxing with ocean views. The Club provides the perfect evening place, offering an elegant atmosphere with live music and dancing. The Theatre is a show lounge with unobstructed views for all and the ideal venue for nightly entertainment or a variety of special functions, such as enrichment lectures and movies. An exceptional library offers a wide range of titles with extended reading areas and passenger computer stations with Internet access.
‘Le Boreal’ features two restaurants: The Restaurant offers gourmet and international cuisine while The Compass Grill delivers casual indoor and outdoor dining for breakfast, lunch and themed dinners. There is always a selection of light fare and vegetarian dishes, and most special diets can be accommodated with advance notice. In-cabin room service is also available 24/7.
Scheduled Bridge Visits
A visit to the bridge can be arranged by the captain.