Antarctic Cruise Ship - 'Le Boreal'
New Savings for Solos and Groups on Select Antarctica Cruises
Whether you travel alone or with family or friends, save up to $8,000 on select 2014-15 Antarctica cruises.
Book Your 2015-16 Journey to the White Continent and Save up to $7,000 Per CabinNew! Save up to $3,500 per person when you book a Category 1-3 cabin on 2015-16 Classic Antarctica or Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands by December 31, 2014.
- Ship's Data
- Overall length: 466 feet
- Beam: 59 feet
- Draft: 15.3 feet
- Average speed: 16 knots
- Ice class: 1C
- Passenger decks: 6
- Passenger capacity: Limited to 199 on Antarctica cruises
- Crew: 136
- Gross tonnage: 10.700 GRT
- Electric Motors: 2 x 2.3 MW
- Standards: U SPHS – U.S. Coast Guard's Rules Comfort Class 1 – "Clean" Ship Certification
- Flag: French
Information & Amenities
- Onboard language: English
- All outside staterooms and suites with private balcony
- Sun deck and multiple outer deck observation areas
- Outside heated pool
- Library with extensive selection of books and reading areas
- Two restaurants offering exquisite dining experiences
- Panoramic lounge and panoramic terrace
- Three bars and a boutique
- Three passenger elevators
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art fitness equipment
- Hairdresser offering full-service hair styling, manicures and pedicures
- Spa and hammam (steam room)
- 24-hour on-board medical facilities with certified doctor
- 24-hour room service and laundry services
- The Club lounge for live music and dancing
- Open bar (excluding premium wines, premium liquors and champagne)
- Theater seats more than 200 guests, with unobstructed views
- Wireless Internet access throughout the ship
- Electricity: 110/220 volts
- All gratuities on-board are included
- Dynamic positioning system
- "Clean" ship standard (meets or exceeds all IMO, EPA and IATO operating standards)
Cruise to the Arctic or Antarctic with confidence and style on board the first all-balcony stateroom and suite vessel in the region.
An A&K journey to Antarctica or the Arctic offers an opportunity to experience the best: the finest expedition staff, most comprehensive itineraries, and the safest and most comfortable voyage, courtesy of the newly built cruise ship, courtesy of 'Le Boreal.' Whichever A&K voyage you choose, 'Le Boreal' delivers you there in elegance and comfort.
Strength and Style
The cruise ship features sophisticated design and innovative marine technology. The vessel boasts a convenient layout, aided by three passenger elevators. She offers a single-seating dining room, al fresco dining, an outdoor heated pool and a theater, as well as a spacious gathering area and library. A full-service salon, steam room, spa and fitness center complete the amenities. On other cruises to different destinations, she carries more than 264 passengers. But in Antarctica and the Arctic, A&K limits the cruise ship's complement to just 199 guests. Fewer passengers means more opportunities for shore excursions each day and cabins with private balconies for every guest.
Safety is first and foremost on board. The ship features the latest communication, navigational and safety equipment. In addition, A&K's English-speaking staff is readily available to assist and instruct on safety at all times during your cruise.
Environmentally Sound Operations
In keeping with A&K's longstanding commitment to environmental conservation, 'Le Boreal' is equipped with the most eco-friendly technology available today.
Rest and Relaxation Redefined
Each evening, end a day of discoveries — and recharge for the next day's adventures — in your very own balcony stateroom or suite, an A&K exclusive on board 'Le Boreal.'
Enjoy 'Le Boreal's' elegant guest quarters, among the most comfortable available on any polar cruise ship. The ship features 108 outside, fully equipped balcony cabins and suites. Bedding configurations range from king-size beds to two single beds. Premium and Deluxe Two-Room Suites feature a pull out sofa that converts to a king-size bed, and the option to convert into a two-room cabin — perfect for families.
Cabin amenities include a mini bar, safe, flat-screen in-suite TV with movies on demand and on-board channels, iPod docking station, individually controlled heat/air conditioning, wireless Internet access and telephone. Bathrooms come equipped with a shower (or shower/bath), hair dryer, designer amenities and bathrobes. Laundry services and 24-hour room service are available throughout your cruise. 'Le Boreal' is also outfitted with a technologically advanced stabilizing system to minimize the effects of rough conditions and keep passengers comfortable at all times.
The Finest Public Amenities
Spacious and elegant, 'Le Boreal's' common areas invite casual conversation with fellow passengers as well as private reflection in quiet corners.
Space to Meet and Mingle
'Le Boreal' sets high standards of comfort in her public quarters as well. The Panoramic Lounge and Terrace offer spacious areas — ideal for social gatherings, afternoon tea or just relaxing with ocean views. The Club provides the perfect evening place, offering an elegant atmosphere with live music and dancing. The Theatre is a show lounge with unobstructed views for all. It is the ideal venue for nightly entertainment or a variety of special functions, such as enrichment lectures and movies. An exceptional library offers a wide range of titles with extended reading areas and passenger computer stations with Internet access.
'Le Boreal' features two restaurants: The Restaurant, offering gourmet and international cuisine, and The Compass Grill, with casual indoor and outdoor dining for breakfast, lunch and themed dinners. There is always a selection of light fare and vegetarian dishes, and most special diets can be accommodated with advance notice. In-cabin room service is also available 24/7.
Scheduled Bridge Visits
A visit to the bridge can be arranged by the captain.