Mobile Camping Safaris
A&K's Mobile Tented Safaris
- 4/5 bays up to 28 feet long by 14 feet wide; 9 feet high.
- Specially designed, full-sized single beds. Extra-length, single and double beds and king-size beds available on request.
- En suite private safari bathroom for each tent, with flush toilet, running water in the basin and attached, traditional bucket shower with a sky view.
- Custom-built four-wheel-drive Land Cruisers with guaranteed window seats and access to photographic roof hatches, driven by accomplished driver/guides with radio communication.
- Safari Escort
- One of A&K's finest naturalist guides accompanies you the entire trip.
- Included at private camps.
- Approximately 2:1 staff-to-traveller ratio.
- Multi-course meals prepared fresh by your camp cook with a wood-burning stove. Picnics in the bush are also easily arranged.
- All beverages (except Champagne and brand/rare spirits) are included at private camps.
All I wanted to do now was get back to Africa. We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.
Luxury Mobile Tented Safaris
Gracious Living Under Canvas
Abercrombie & Kent mobile camping safaris continue to redefine the original tented safari with modern-day advantages, all the while staying true to the romantic ambience of the days of Blixen, Hemingway and Roosevelt. Mobile Camping, A&K style, is the most authentic form of safari, a true immersion into the sights and sounds of the bush.
Five-Star Ambience in the Bush
Return from an exhilarating day in the bush to a spacious, veranda-fronted tent furnished in a blend of African and colonial European styles. Hand-woven cushions and cotton sheets cover a large, comfortable bed. Each mobile tent is equipped with fully flushing ceramic toilet, washbasin and shower. Arched, netted windows allow the breeze to pass through. On your veranda, two director's chairs and a butler table provide the perfect vantage point for sunrises, sunsets or sundowners.
Meals in the bush are also an event. Enjoy fine cuisine prepared with the freshest ingredients by your specially trained cook and served by an attentive staff in a large, candlelit dining tent. Savor a favorite wine or cocktail (on ice) from a fully stocked bar. Then, retire to a comfortable lounge chair by a roaring campfire.
Service so Attentive, You Never Have to Ask
At camp, two staff members for every guest ensure attentive service that is personalized yet unobtrusive. Your laundry is delivered to your tent, clean and freshly pressed. When you're ready for a shower, your tent attendant brings you water — warmed to the perfect temperature. While you're at dinner, your tent attendant turns down your bed, draws the mosquito net and slips a hot water bottle beneath your duvet on chilly nights.
The professional guide who accompanies you is one of the most important factors in the success of your journey. Every A&K Kenyan guide has attained a bronze or silver certification by the Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association. Behind the scenes, your safari guide chooses campsites, locates wildlife and keeps a seasoned eye on all the workings of camp life. On safari, their love for local cultures, animal and birdlife is unmistakable.
The Best View Is Everywhere
Mobile camping places you right in the heart of Africa's beauty. Our longstanding reputation and history as the most respected safari outfitter in Africa gives us privileged access to private camping concessions in East Africa's most beautiful and wildlife-rich territories. We maintain our own fleet of custom-built Land Cruisers and train our drivers ourselves — no other safari company in East Africa does this. When you take to the plains in our safari vehicles, you are guaranteed a window seat.
Responsible Tourism Is Part of Every A&K Safari
Responsible tourism has always been of the highest importance. Everything that comes with us leaves with us, and we take nothing from the land but memories. In addition, we work hand-in-hand with local tribes and villages, funding schools and clinics while providing opportunities for employment.