Journeys for the Explorer in Everyone
Abercrombie & Kent’s New Invitational Journeys Include Russia & Mongolia
Abercrombie & Kent’s Marco Polo Club Invitational Journeys evoke the spirit of adventure with itineraries that provide intimate looks into some of the most exciting locations in the world. These limited-edition journeys are centered around unique destinations and festivals not typically seen by outsiders and led by A&K’s most knowledgeable Tour Directors. For 2014, Abercrombie & Kent has crafted new Invitational Journeys to Mongolia, Russia and France, as well as an Indochina itinerary featuring two luxury cruises.
“Travellers are increasingly in search of new destinations and unexpected ways to experience familiar destinations, so for 2014 we’re offering a variety of newly-designed programs and several guest favorites that sell out quickly every year,” explains Abercrombie & Kent USA President Phil Otterson. “Each adventure is led by an expert A&K Tour Director and many offer unique insider opportunities not available anywhere else in the travel community.”
From Mongolia’s ancient Naadam games to the 70th anniversary celebration of D-Day in Normandy, these Invitational Journeys give travellers privileged access to events and celebrations that lend each destination its unmistakable character.
- Explore the Gobi desert by camel and immerse yourself in one of the world’s oldest and most spectacular events on Mongolia: Naadam Festival & the Gobi Desert. 12 days from $7,195.
- Cruise along the countless islands and caves of Ha Long Bay, glimpse life along the Mekong River from the new ‘Aqua Mekong’ and discover Angkor Wat’s ancient temples on Indochina: Ha Long Bay & the Mekong. 15 days from $10,795.
- Visit Normandy accompanied by a World War II expert and tour the Abbey of Saint-Michel and picturesque châteaux on France: Loire Valley & D-Day 70 Years Later. 11 days from $11,895.
- Enjoy an unforgettable encounter with Mikhail Gorbachev's personal assistant. Tour Peterhof Palace before the crowds. Cruise St. Petersburg’s canals and attend a White Nights Festival of the arts performance on Russia: From Red Square to White Nights. Eight days from $7,595.
- Discover India’s most historic and iconic sites, from the Taj Mahal at sunrise and sunset, to Panna and Bandhavgarh National Park, to Kanha Tiger Reserve, home of the majestic Bengal tiger in its natural habitat on India: Tigers, Taj & Tradition. 14 days from $10,795.
- See the crossroads of Europe and Asia with a private before-hours visit to the Hagia Sophia, a tour of Istanbul’s vibrant Tulip Festival and an exploration of Mount Nemrut in eastern Turkey on Turkey: Byzantium & the Bosphorus. 14 days from $10,595.
- Sail back in history to Denderah and Abydos, as well as Karnak, Luxor and Kom Ombo on a seven-night Nile cruise on Pharaohs, Pyramids & the Nile. 13 days from $9,495.
In addition to new experiences, travellers will have another opportunity to travel on encore programs including: Colombia’s Colonial Charm, Along the Great Silk Road by Private Train and English Gardens & the Chelsea Flower Show, which offers privileged access to the Royal Horticultural Society’s members-only festivities, and which sold out in 2012 and 2013.
Every A&K Invitational Journey includes the best rooms at the best hotel at every stop – whether a modern, five-star haven, a royal residence turned hotel or a boutique, eco-friendly wilderness camp. Group size is limited to just 18 guests, making it possible to travel with a small group of like-minded people who share the same sense of adventure. It also allows A&K to feature intimate, upscale lodgings and sites that are not available to larger groups and the ability at many meals to choose from a full a ‘la carte menu and dine when guests prefer rather than on the group’s timetable. Every detail is taken care of, from private airport transfers to gratuities, from Travelling Bell Boy® service to complimentary Internet access. And every trip is guaranteed to operate with a minimum of two guests, with an expert Tour Director from start to finish, who brings the sites and activities to life with one-of-a-kind local insight that comes from decades, if not an entire lifetime, of experience in that destination.
Abercrombie & Kent knows there is simply no substitute for having local staff on the ground, experts with beyond the guidebook knowledge of what makes each destination tick. Backing each journey is the foremost team of travel specialists in the world, including Rami Girgis and Gerald Hatherly, named “2013 Top Travel Specialists” by Conde Nast Traveler.
For information about Abercrombie & Kent’s 2014 Marco Polo Club Invitational Journeys, contact A&K at (800) 554-7094, www.abercrombiekent.com or contact your travel professional.
Pricing is based on per person, double occupancy
About Abercrombie & Kent
Abercrombie & Kent pioneered luxury adventure travel with our first African safaris in 1962, and today our award-winning travel services extend around the globe to more than one hundred countries on all seven continents. A&K’s custom itineraries and small-group journeys offer one-of-a-kind inspiring experiences, while our 50 on-site offices ensure invitation-only access to the people and places that make every destination unique. Join the world of A&K by following us on Facebook and Twitter: @AKTravel_USA.