Marco Polo Invitational Journeys
- Marco Polo Club evokes the spirit of adventure with extraordinary Invitational Journeys designed for the most intrepid of travellers. Centered around unique destinations and festivals not typically seen by outsiders, led by A&K’s most revered tour directors, and limited to intimate groups of 18, these journeys deliver truly unforgettable adventures across the world’s most faraway lands.
The Finest Guides
- Recognized by Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, and considered among A&K’s very best, MPC Tour Directors bring your journey to life with distinctive insight and passion for your destination. And with a maximum group size of just 18 guests, you have plenty of opportunity for one-on-one interaction with your Tour Director.
- Marco Polo Club guests are often among the first A&K travellers to visit emerging and off-the-beaten-path destinations, which have included Madagascar, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Colombia. Now, for 2014, we are pleased to add Mongolia to the list of incredible, off-the-beaten-path destinations you can explore with A&K.
- Once arrived at your destination, enjoy unrivaled access to top local experts and sites closed to the rest of the public, arranged through Abercrombie & Kent's on-the-ground contacts and 50 local offices. Experience many one-of-a-kind moments on your journey, from dinner in a Rapa Nui home on Easter Island to a meditation session with a Tibetan master.
- Most MPC journeys are limited to 18 guests, which means you travel with a small group of like-minded people who share the same spirit of adventure. It also means staying in intimate, upscale accommodations and enjoying more interaction with your A&K Tour Director.
Complimentary Internet and Travelling Bell Boy®
- A&K provides complimentary Internet access during hotel stays on most Marco Polo Club Invitational journeys. Also available on most journeys is A&K’s Traveling Bell Boy, our complimentary luggage handling service, which transports your packed bags from one accommodation to the next. Contact A&K for details on availability.*
*Not available on days with cruises, train rides or internal flights due to security requirements.
Explore our most popular Marco Polo Club Invitational Journeys now.
Russia: Red Square to White Nights
Tour Director: Marianna Kiseleva | June 6-13, 2014; June 20–27, 2014 — NEW!
From $7,595 per person
Experience an unforgettable encounter with a complex country as you meet Mikhail Gorbachev’s personal assistant and interpreter, walk Red Square and tour the Kremlin, visit artist Yuri Petrochenkov in his home, cruise the canals of St. Petersburg and explore Peterhof Palace.
Mongolia: Naadam Festival & the Gobi Desert
Tour Director: Gereltuv Dashdoorov | July 1–12, 2014 — NEW!; July 8-19, 2014
From $7,195 per person
Celebrate the extraordinary Mongolia, as you attend the annual Naadam Festival, where the nation’s best athletes compete in archery, horse racing and Mongolian wrestling, and experience the stunning Gobi Desert, riding a Bactrian camel through towering dunes to the Flaming Cliffs.
Southern Africa by River and Rail
Tour Director: Calum Mcnaughton | April 13-23, 2014; August 31–September 10, 2014 — NEW!
From $11,595 per person
Float down the Chobe River on the luxurious ‘Zambezi Queen’ houseboat, set out on game drives in an open four-wheel-drive vehicle, ride an elephant along the river, soar above Victoria Falls in a helicopter and relive the golden age of train travel aboard the elegant Rovos Rail.