Luxury Train Travel
Other Orient Express Luxury Trains
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- In the heyday of train travel, the Orient-Express was the choice of royalty, celebrities and even fictional spies. Today that glorious time is revived in period carriages that take travellers on routes that link London, Paris and Venice with other destinations in Europe. Dine on gourmet meals in one of the three dining cars, have a nightcap in the Bar Car and wake to the wafting aroma of fresh croissants.
- British Pullman and Northern Belle
- Step on board, and the real world evaporates behind you on the vintage cars of the British Pullman train. Together with its sister train, the Northern Belle, magnificent period carriages enable guests to experience the Orient-Express without leaving Britain. Both trains offer day excursions.
- Eastern & Oriental Express
- These rail journeys recreate a style of travel lost to most visitors to Southeast Asia. Managed by Orient-Express, the E&OE makes its way between Singapore and Thailand via the River Kwai, Penang and Kuala Lumpur; you may join or leave at any main stop. The train's refurbished vintage-style carriages incorporate every modern luxury, so you travel in utmost comfort. Speak with A&K about the Chronicles of Southeast Asia itineraries, land voyages for travellers looking to explore regions off the beaten track.
To enter the world of luxury train travel is to recall a romantic age when the time spent travelling was as anticipated as the destination. From handsomely crafted compartments to elegant dining cars serving gourmet meals on fine china and white linen tablecloths, luxury train travel evokes the gracious hospitality of gentler times.
Experience the elegance of a bygone era on an Abercrombie & Kent journey that includes a relaxing trip by luxury rail through Europe, Southeast Asia or Southern Africa.
Orient-Express: The Royal Scotsman
Travel along ancient Scottish mountains and mysterious highland lochs, golden glens and charming villages aboard The Royal Scotsman, a private haven of both Edwardian splendor and modern luxury, where you live every day like an honored guest at a private party. With a maximum of only 36 guests, there is plenty of personal attention on board. Then join your local guides for a variety of excursions that showcase the rich culture, history and natural beauty of Scotland. From the moment the piper welcomes you aboard in Edinburgh, to the moment you return to this historic city, you are in the very best of hands, on the very best of trains.
The Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
Travel the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express on its classic 15-day route between Vladivostok and Moscow and reward yourself with an unforgettable experience in unprecedented luxury. Twelve en suite sleeping cars include 77-square-foot Gold Class cabins featuring power showers, individual climate control, LCD TVs and DVD/CD players that contribute to the ambience of an elegant home on rails. Dine on carefully prepared meals that use local ingredients whenever possible, accompanied by Russian vodka and wines from around the world.
Rebuilt wood-paneled coaches offer an experience of unmatched luxury and space, combining the opulence of pre-war travel with subtle, modern conveniences. Rovos Rail carries a maximum of 72 passengers in 36 elegantly appointed suites on journeys of two to 14 nights, linking some of Africa's greatest destinations from Cape Town to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania, through the game reserves of Mpumalanga to Victoria Falls, the desert landscapes of Namibia and the magnificent Garden Route along coastal South Africa.
The Blue Train
Dating back to 1946, the Blue Train offers a unique way to experience some of Southern Africa's magnificent landscapes and landmarks. Guests indulge in fine cuisine, accompanied by some of the best wines South Africa has to offer; around-the-clock personal butlers are on hand for the duration of the journey. Kings and presidents have graced this jewel on journeys into a timeless world of grace, elegance and romance, where luxurious comfort soothes the body and soul.