Of all the companies that offer cruises along Europe’s great rivers, and there are many, only one delivers unforgettable journeys shaped by more than 50 years of expertise in authentic small-group travel – Abercrombie & Kent. With nine inspiring journeys in 2015 that carry you through the very heart of the Continent, cruise along the Rhine, Main, Danube, Rhône and other storied waterways. Explore France, Holland, Germany, Austria and Hungary to discover life in Europe at its most authentic, at an unmatched value.
New! 2015 European River Cruise Journeys Brochure Now Available
|Request Your Copy Today
||2015 River Cruises Include: |
- Small group size of 24 or less
- A resident A&K Tour Director dedicated solely to your group from start to finish
- Exclusive Onshore Connections to neighborhood markets, visits with local artisans, culinary masters and skilled musicians, open just to A&K guests
- Dedicated onshore vehicles designated for A&K guests, so you never have to wait
- City visits before and after cruising in Paris, Amsterdam, Budapest and other treasured sites that help complete your experience of your destination
- Welcome and farewell dinners and airport transfers included on every departure
- Priority boarding, so you step aboard up to 90 minutes before other passengers
Choose from nine journeys that carry you through the heart of Europe.
See Europe by River As Only A&K Can Reveal It
Tour Directors Who Live in Europe
A&K Tour Directors have lived for decades, perhaps even their entire lives, in the places you visit. They are year-round residents equipped with the savvy and insight into local culture that only come with being there. Dedicated to your small group and overseeing your entire journey, they accompany you every day of your itinerary, calling you by your first name and helping you get the most out of your travel experience.
A Small Group of 24 or Less
Throughout every journey, you travel in the like-minded company of no more than 24 A&K guests – a benefit other companies, with their “small groups” of 40 or more, simply can’t match. You avoid delays thanks to priority boarding and enjoy significantly more time per guest with your resident Tour Director. You also experience unique travel moments – such as an exclusive excursion to an enchanting, family-owned castle in Germany – where 24 is company, and more becomes a crowd.
City Visits Before and After Cruising
You also enjoy included city visits before and after cruising, exploring vital cultural hubs such as Amsterdam, Munich, Budapest and Paris with A&K. Here, your small group size gives you access to distinctive local accommodations and sightseeing that complete your experience of the destination.
Exclusive A&K Onshore Connections
At least once per journey, A&K provides you with an onshore experience available exclusively to our guests, each carefully designed to connect you to your destination at its most authentic. They include guided excursions to local neighborhoods and markets, as well as meetings with remarkable local artisans, musicians and culinary experts – unforgettable travel moments that are only possible because of A&K’s unmatched local experience and expertise.
Dedicated Onshore Vehicles
When you disembark your stylish riverboat for a shore excursion, led by your resident Tour Director, a comfortable vehicle is waiting on the dock designated exclusively for your group, so you never have to wait or search for a bus. You travel as a group, not as a crowd, and explore together as like-minded travellers.
Unmatched On-the-Ground Support
A&K has six on-the-ground offices in Europe – far more than any other travel company – all staffed by experts who know the ins and outs of every destination and who have cultivated the long-term relationships with local expert guides, governments and organizations that make it possible to deliver unique sightseeing experiences simply not available from anyone else.
An Incomparable Value
Impeccable attention to detail, unparalleled service that is seamless from start to finish, a deeper understanding of your destination than you ever expected — they are what make cruising the great rivers of Europe so extraordinary, and translate directly into a value unmatched in European river cruising today.
Aboard Amadeus Riverboats
- Spacious suites and cabins with unrestricted views
- French balconies in most cabins
- Fine dining, with meals prepared by on-board chefs
- Renowned Austrian hospitality
- Modern, hotel-style amenities, including hairdresser, fitness room, massage facilities and ship-wide
- Complimentary bicycles for exploring on your own
Learn more about these riverboats
A&K’s Featured European River Cruise Journeys