The Italian Connections Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: "The Italian Connections Giveaway" (the "Sweepstakes") starts on or about 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on September 6, 2012 and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on November 1, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period").
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, participants may access the Sweepstakes by visiting abercrombiekent.com (the "Website"), completing all required registration information and clicking on the Submit button in order to successfully enter the Sweepstakes ("Entry"). Entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. ET on November 1, 2012 to be eligible. The Website's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- BONUS ENTRIES: Once you have completed your Entry into the Sweepstakes, you may earn one Entry for each friend that you successfully invite who returns to the Website to complete an Entry [up to ten (10) bonus entries - one per referral] to the Sweepstakes ("Bonus Entry"). Each friend must complete Entry by 12:00 PM ET on November 1, 2012 in order for you to receive a Bonus Entry. Limit ten (10) Bonus Entries per person/e-mail address for the entire Sweepstakes Period. You may not refer a friend more than once. Please note, if your friend has previously opted-out of receiving emails from Sponsor, he/she will not receive your referral email.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 25 years of age or older as of date of Entry. Employees of Abercrombie & Kent USA, LLC. ("Sponsor"), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and promotion agencies involved with this Sweepstakes, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void outside of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- RANDOM DRAWING: One potential Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries and Bonus Entries (collectively, "Entries") received on or about November 5, 2012, by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1) â€“ The Abercrombie & Kent escorted tour Italy: Renaissance Cities for winner and one guest (ARV: USD$11,600). Prize also includes: air transportation awarded in the form of an airline credit valued at up to $2,000 on airfare booked through Sponsor to/from major airport nearest winner's home to Rome and return air transportation will take place from Venice to major airport nearest winner's home. Winner and guest must travel at the same time on the same itinerary. If actual airfare exceeds or is valued at less than $2,000, no additional compensation will be provided. Hotel accommodations for the trip are based on double occupancy. Grand Prize winner and guest will select tour date from Sponsor-selected trip dates available to take place in the 2013 calendar year. Prize is nontransferable, non-assignable, and no substitution or cash redemption is allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves right to award a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Winner and guest are each solely responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to any federal, state, local or other government or quasi-government taxes and fees (including but not limited to income tax liability or sales taxes), travel insurance, fuel supplement charges, and items of a personal nature (including, but not limited to, passport fees, gratuities, beverages, photographs, service fees and medical services). The potential winner will be notified by phone, mail and/or e-mail. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and (except where prohibited) Publicity Release form (if US resident) or a Declaration of Compliance/Confirmation of Eligibility (if Canadian resident) within ten (10) days of date of issuance. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail or confirmation of receipt from delivery service. Failure to return all required forms within ten (10) days of date of issuance may result in the potential Grand Prize winner being disqualified and an alternate will be contacted as the potential Grand Prize winner. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable for any reason, if Sponsor is unable to contact the potential Grand Prize winner or if potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, Grand Prize may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate winner. If a winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer an unaided, time-limited arithmetic skill-testing question as a condition to receiving a prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use the winner's name, likeness, picture, voice, city and state, biographical information and statements for publicity, advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without additional compensation, notification, permission or limitation of any kind. Grand Prize winner and guest must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid passport, government-issued photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. All necessary travel requirements, including documentation, are the sole responsibility of winners. All rules that apply to guests purchasing an Abercrombie & Kent trip apply to winner. Abercrombie and Kent terms and conditions apply to winner and guests. Abercrombie & Kent reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Abercrombie & Kent is not responsible for flight postponement or cancellation.
- GENERAL RULES: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects to this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries or Bonus Entries in this Sweepstakes, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserve the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and will conduct a random drawing to award the Grand Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Website.
- RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASEES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY BODILY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, IF APPLICABLE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Grand Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of prize. Entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Official Rules and is fully familiar with their contents.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Illinois and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-pocket expenses, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The parties agree that any disputes arising out of these Official Rules shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Illinois under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Illinois state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall follow Illinois law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Illinois, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Releasees shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Illinois. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Illinois.
- WINNERS LIST: The winner's name will be posted for thirty days on the Website within a reasonable amount of time of the close of the Sweepstakes.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is: Abercrombie & Kent USA, LLC., 1411 Opus Place, Executive Towers West II, Ste. 300, Downers Grove, IL 60515-1098 USA.