800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Luxury Expedition Cruise Ship - 'Le Lyrial'
Experience Antarctica in Comfort and Luxury Aboard an Expedition Ship for our 2016-17 Season
An A&K voyage to Antarctica offers an opportunity to experience the world's most pristine region at its very best, all from aboard the comfortable and sophisticated 'Le Lyrial.' Enjoy its stunning blue palette inspired by the Vega star, all-balcony staterooms and suites, and the finest expedition staff cruising the Southern Ocean today.
On other cruises to different destinations, she carries more than 264 passengers; on voyages with A&K, we limit her capacity to just 199 guests. Fewer passengers in turn allows for more shore excursions each day and cabins with private balconies for every guest.
Experience Luxury on the Water
Strength and Style
- Sophisticated design, innovative marine technology and a convenient layout aided by three passenger elevators are among ‘Le Lyrial’s’ many features.
- On A&K voyages, we limit her capacity to just 199 guests, allowing for more shore excursions each day and cabins with private balconies for every guest.
- Safety is first and foremost on board sturdy ‘Le Lyrial.’
- The ship features the latest communication, navigational and safety equipment.
- A&K’s English-speaking staff is readily available to assist and instruct on safety at all times during your cruise.
Environmentally Sound Operations
- In keeping with A&K’s longstanding commitment to environmental conservation, ‘Le Lyrial’ is equipped with the most eco-friendly technology available today.
- Our expeditions exceed all environmental protocols, including those set by the National Science Foundation, Environmental Protection Agency and Antarctic Treaty Party nations.
Rest and Relaxation Redefined
- Among the most comfortable available on any polar expedition ship, all 108 cabins are fully equipped and feature bedding configurations that range from king-size beds to two single beds.
- Premium and Deluxe Two-Room Suites feature a pull out sofa that converts to a king-size bed, and the option to convert into a two-room cabin - perfect for families. 'Le Lyrial' also offers an additional Grand Deluxe Suite.
- 'Le Lyrial' is outfitted with a technologically advanced stabilizing system to minimize the effects of rough conditions and help keep passengers comfortable at all times.
Space to Meet and Mingle
- Spacious and elegant, ‘Le Lyrial’s common areas invite casual conversation with fellow guests as well as private reflection and views in quiet corners.
- The Panoramic Lounge and Terrace offer spacious areas ideal for social gatherings, afternoon tea or just relaxing with ocean views.
- The Club offers an elegant atmosphere in the evening, with live music and dancing, while the Theatre is the ideal venue for nightly entertainment, enrichment lectures and movies.
- The Restaurant offers gourmet and international cuisine while The Compass Grill delivers casual indoor and outdoor dining for breakfast, lunch and themed dinners.
- There is always a selection of light fare and vegetarian dishes, and most special diets can be accommodated with advance notice.
- In-cabin room service is available 24/7.
Scheduled Bridge Visits
- A visit to the bridge can be arranged by the captain.
Personal Butler Service on Board
- Cabin Categories 6-8 on Deck 6 receive the complimentary services of a private butler.
- From ensuring your suite is up to your standards to organizing cocktails on your private balcony, your butler tends to your every need, with grace and efficiency.
Ship Details & Amenities
- Onboard language: English
- All outside staterooms and suites with private balcony when chartered by A&K
- Butler service for Deck 6, categories 5-9
- Sun deck and multiple outer deck observation areas
- Outside heated pool
- Library with extensive selection of books and reading areas
- Two restaurants offering exquisite dining experiences
- Panoramic lounge and terrace
- Three bars and a boutique
- Three passenger elevators
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Hairdresser offering full-service hair styling, manicures and pedicures
- Spa and hammam (steam room)
- 24-hour on-board medical facilities with certified doctor
- 24-hour room service and laundry services
- The Club lounge for live music and dancing
- Open bar (excluding premium wines, premium liquors and champagne)
- The Theater with unobstructed seating for more than 200 guests
- Wireless Internet access throughout the ship
- Electricity: 110/220 volts
- All gratuities on-board are included
- Dynamic positioning system
- "Clean" ship standard (meets or exceeds all IMO, EPA, IAATO and AECO operating standards)
- Overall length: 466 feet
- Beam: 59 feet
- Draft: 15.3 feet
- Average speed: 16 knots
- Ice class: 1C
- Passenger decks: 6
- Passenger capacity: Limited to 199 on A&K cruises
- Crew: 142 (crew and staff-to-guest ration of 1 to 1.3)
- Gross tonnage: 10.700 GRT
- Electric Motors: 2 x 2.3 MW
- Standards: U SPHS - U.S. Coast Guard's Rules Comfort Class 1 - "Clean" Ship Certification
- Flag: French